- When he says black, it’s black. When he says white it’s none other but white. There are no hidden messages that you have to decipher.
- Their emotions are detached. I remember one time when my British boss got into a heated argument with a counterpart in Dubai over some work stuff. Later at close of business (COB) both are at the phone again talking and laughing. If it was a Pinoy boss, it would’ve resulted to resentment and awkward silence that will drag on for weeks and months.
- They’re very objective. Because they don’t allow their emotions to get in the way, they can tackle sensitive issues head on without attacking the person.
- They can separate work issues from the person. You can both argue over something related to work during office hours but he’ll share his take on almost anything in a light and friendly way later in the afternoon.
- He doesn’t see you as a rival or an object whose existence is merely to get his business going. He will respect you and treat you as a teammate not as an object, a piece of machinery or a piece of shit. Some Pinoy bosses on the other hand are more than willing to give their fellows a feel of what it’s like to be in hell.
- They are rational fellows. Some Pinoy bosses are very unstable, impossible to please, and flares to the smallest insignificant stuff. They have very serious problems on immaturity and insecurity.